I’m not a picky eater, but I would say my standards are high when it comes to hummus. I’m not a fan of almost all packaged brands that I’ve tried, so a staple homemade hummus recipe is very important to me. It took a few tries to get to this one, but it is by far the easiest and the best tasting. While you can certainly get fancy with the garnish, you really do not need anything more than the seven ingredients listed to have perfect hummus. Everything else is just a bonus!
Homemade Hummus Recipe
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas, slightly drained
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice from half of a lemon, scant 1/4 cup
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Paprika, for garnish
- Toasted bread or fresh vegetables, for serving
- Using a food processor or high-speed blender, blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- To serve, drizzle more oil over the hummus and sprinkle with paprika. Eat with toasted bread, fresh vegetables, or however you like!