These baked vegan jalapeño poppers are a lighter, but just as delicious alternative to their deep-fried counterpart. The secret ingredient is cauliflower mac and cheese filling from Ark Foods. I’ve tried a few of their products and all of them are incredible, but my favorite is definitely the Jalapeńo Cauli Mac+Cheese. It’s what inspired this recipe! To make your own, you can find ark foods products at most New Jersey Shoprite stores.
To make this recipe gluten-free, simply omit the bread crumbs or use a gluten-free option. For an easy, cost-efficient gluten-free breadcrumb substitute, I put puffed rice cereal in a food processor and pulse into crumbs.
Baked Vegan Jalapeño Poppers with Tahini Ranch Dip
- Tahini Ranch
- 1/2 cup tahini
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp agave
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- Jalapeño Poppers
- 1 package Ark Foods Jalapeño Cauli Mac+Cheese, cooked according to instructions
- 8 jalapeño peppers
- Shredded vegan cheese and bread crumbs, for topping
- To make the Tahini Ranch: Whisk all ingredients together. Leave in the refrigerator until ready for use.
- To make the Jalapeño Poppers: Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut each jalapeño lengthwise, slightly off center to create boats for the filling. Generously pack each jalapeño boat with Ark Foods Cauli Mac. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle the desired amount of vegan cheese on each jalapeño. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast bread crumbs in a pan until they develop a rich color. Season with salt and pepper.
- Broil jalapeño poppers for an additional 3-5 minutes, until vegan cheese starts to bubble.
- Sprinkle each jalapeño popper with toasted bread crumbs. Serve with Tahini Ranch Dip.
Want more Cauliflower Appetizers? Try this recipe for Sweet & Spicy Cauliflower Wings.19