Toast has become wildly popular these days, and for good reason! You don’t have to limit yourself to avocado toast either. The varieties are endless and it’s very easy to get creative. You can use avocado, sweet potatoes, nut butter, hummus – you name it! This mushroom and ricotta toast was inspired by leftovers from my Lemon Thyme Oyster Mushrooms recipe. I simply reheated the mushrooms in a pan and everything came together so quickly to make a delicious meal. You can store the leftover white bean spread in the refrigerator and use in place of hummus for any dish.
For an even easier version of this recipe, you can substitute the garlic white bean spread for pre-made garlic hummus. I also used Kite Hill’s Almond Milk Ricotta in this recipe, but any vegan ricotta will do. You can even make your own tofu ricotta!
Mushroom and Ricotta Toast Recipe:
- Garlic White Bean Spread
- 1 15-oz can white beans
- 8 cloves roasted garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt, to taste
- 4 slices bread
- ¾ cup Lemon Thyme Oyster Mushrooms
- 2-3 tbsp vegan ricotta (I used Kite Hill Almond Milk Ricotta)
- Arugula for serving
- To make the garlic white bean spread: In a high-speed blender, add the white beans, roasted garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. Blend until combined and smooth. Add water if needed.
- To make the toast: Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Place the slices of the bread on the pan and cook each side for a few minutes, until char marks appear. Remove from heat and set aside.
- On a slice of toast, spread a layer of the garlic white bean mixture. Top with mushrooms and vegan ricotta. Repeat with every slice of toast. Serve with arugula.