Tomato and miso together perfectly in this spin on the classic soup. With a medley of flavors from the dried herbs, miso, and coconut milk, this vegan tomato bisque definitely stands out among the rest.
Vegan Tomato Bisque Recipe:
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 white onion, small dice
- 1 yellow squash or zucchini, peeled, small dice
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tbsp chickpea miso
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 28-oz whole San Marzano tomatoes in liquid
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Fresh basil for garnish
- In a large pot over medium-low heat with olive oil, add onions and squash. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add dried basil, parsley chickpea miso, tomato paste, and garlic. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add San Marzano tomatoes and water. Turn the heat to medium and bring to a simmer. Bring heat back to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Blend soup using an immersion or standing blender until completely smooth. If using a standing blender, transfer the soup in batches to blend and return back to the pot.
- Add coconut milk and stir. When serving, swirl more coconut milk in each bowl. Garnish with fresh basil.