Fall is officially here, but I wasn’t ready to give up the flavors of summer just yet. Bright and vibrant, this vegan lemon blueberry cheesecake is the perfect conclusion of summer desserts before experimenting with the deep flavors of fall.
Vegan Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake
with Biscoff Cookie Crust
- Biscoff Cookie Crust
- 1 8.8oz pack Biscoff Biscuits
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1/3 cup raw almonds
- 3-4 pitted dates
- Cheesecake Filling
- 1 1/2 cups cashews, soaked for at least 8 hours, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, completely defrosted
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup refined coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Fresh lemon slices and blueberries, for garnish
- To make the crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large food processor, pulse cookies to create crumbs. Add the melted vegan butter, almonds, and dates. Pulse until combined. Press some of the mixture in the palm of your hand. If it sticks together, you have reached the right consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a tart pan; press firmly at the base and up the sides to form an even crust. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Allow to cool and place in the refrigerator until needed.
- To make the filling: place cashews, blueberries, lemon juice, lemon zest, coconut milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, and nutritional yeast in a high speed blender. Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour the filling into the tart pan with the crust, then place in the refrigerator to set for at least 4 hours. Ideally, let the cheesecake set overnight. Garnish with fresh blueberries and lemon slices.