This gochujang cauliflower recipe is a twist on the classic cauliflower hot wing. If you’re looking for that recipe, you can find it here. This recipe serves as a great crowd-pleasing appetizer or even a tasty addition to a veggie rice bowl. Spicy, sweet, and a little tangy, the unique flavor definitely makes this recipe stand out.Now you may be wondering where to find gochujang, or fermented red chili paste. My personal favorite is from Mother-in-Law’s. Mother-in-Law’s makes an amazing product line, many of which are vegan! Specializing in small batch kimchi, this company makes the best vegan kimchi I’ve personally ever had.
I always have their gochujang paste and vegan kimchi in my fridge, and that is what inspired me to make this. I hope you give this recipe a try, and check out Mother-in-Law’s products if you haven’t already.
Sweet & Spicy Gochujang Cauliflower
- Sweet & Spicy Gochujang Sauce
- 4-5 tbsp gochujang, I use Mother-in-Law’s Gochujang Fermented Chile Paste
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup agave
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- Kimchi Mayo Dip
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp liquid from a jar of vegan kimchi
- 3 tbsp rice milk, or any plant-based milk
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion, thinly sliced
- Serve with vegan kimchi, I use Mother-in-Law’s Vegan Kimchi
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To Make the Sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together gochujang, sesame oil, agave, soy sauce, garlic powder, and rice vinegar.
- To Make the Cauliflower: In a large container, whisk together flour, garlic powder, onion powder, baking powder, salt, and water. Toss in cauliflower florets to full coat in the batter. This batter will help the gochujang sauce stick to the cauliflower.
- Place coated cauliflower on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Be sure not to overcrowd the pan. Bake for 25 minutes, turning the florets over half way through the cooking process.
- Remove from the oven. Place the cauliflower in a clean, large container. Pour in the sweet & spicy gochujang sauce. Toss to fully coat.
- Place back on the baking sheet and bake for another 25 minutes.
- To Make the Kimchi Mayo Dip: While the gochujang cauliflower is baking, make the dipping sauce. In a food processor, add vegan mayo, kimchi liquid, and rice milk. Pulse until smooth and fully combined. Pour into a serving bowl.
- To Serve: Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and thinly sliced green onion. Serve with kimchi mayo dip and vegan kimchi.