These peanut rice noodles are creamy, salty, slightly sweet, and oh so delicious.
They are great as a main dish, a side, or even a cold noodle salad. I think this is a good idea for meal prep, as it comes together easily and tastes great throughout the week. I decided to eat this with general tso’s baked tofu to give it a bit more substance, and it was a perfect weeknight meal, three days in a row.
peanut rice noodles
- 16 oz. package of rice noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 red onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, julienned
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp high heat vegetable oil
- Peanut Sauce
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or agave
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp sriracha
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Cook rice noodles, set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss carrots, red bell pepper, red onion, zucchini, in garlic powder, salt, and vegetable oil. Heat a large skillet over medium-high, add the seasoned vegetables. Cook until soft, slightly browned, stir occasionally. Remove from heat, set aside.
- Add peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice, garlic, water, maple syrup, sesame oil, and sriracha into a high speed blender. Blend until all ingredients are fully combined and the mixture is smooth.
- In a large container, toss together rice noodles, peanut sauce, sautéed vegetables, scallion, and cilantro. Garnish with sesame seeds. Serve warm or cold.