These are the best french fries I have ever had. Hands down.
As much as I wish I could eat these every day, truffle oil can be costly. Also, french fries may be for the soul, but my physical health is saying something different. Nevertheless, I am excited to have this recipe as a go-to for special occasions, or just when I feel like being a bit fancy.
garlic truffle fries
- 1 pound russet potatoes, peeled and julienned
- 2 tbsp white truffle oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- small pinch of old bay
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- Sweet Dijon Dip
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 2 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- In a large bowl, whisk together truffle oil, salt, old bay, and garlic powder in a large container. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In small batches, place potato slices in the oil using a large wire spoon. Fry until potatoes turn golden. Place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain some of the excess oil. Repeat the process with all of the potatoes.
- While still hot, toss the fries in the truffle oil mixture, ensuring that each fry is thoroughly coated. Then toss in the dried parsley. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Make the sweet dijon dip by whisking together the vegan mayo, dijon, and agave until combined.