This cheesecake is dairy-free, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, raw, and no-bake. All of that being said, this is one of the richest and decadent tasting desserts I have ever had, but with zero guilt or heavy feeling afterward. Not only is this my first raw vegan chocolate cheesecake but also the first raw dessert I have ever made, and I’m really proud of how it turned out.
It was a hit amongst my whole family as the dessert after our Labor Day barbecue. This is a great treat for special occasions, being just as delicious as it is beautiful. Bring this to any group of vegan skeptics, and I can guarantee they’ll start to re-evaluate their stance on it.
Raw Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake
- 2 1/4 cups Raw Almonds
- 1 1/2 cups Pitted Dates
- 4 1/2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tsp Maple Syrup
- Pinch Salt
- 1 cup Raw Cashews, soaked overnight
- 2 tbsp Almond Butter
- 1/4 cup Raw Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 16oz Strawberries, thinly sliced
- To make the crust, pulse almonds in the food processor until finely ground. Add dates, cocoa powder, vanilla, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt. Pulse until it comes together and molds when you press it together with your fingers. Press gently into an 11-inch tart pan, spread evenly across the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Place in the refrigerator.
- To make the filling, blend cashews, almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, cocoa powder, water, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and salt together in a high-speed blender until smooth. Take the pan with assembled crust out of the refrigerator and spread the filling evenly inside the crust. Place back in the refrigerator.
- To make the ganache, whisk coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup, and cocoa powder together until fully combined. Take the pan out of the refrigerator again and spread the ganache evenly over the filling. Place back in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- To assemble the topping, layer the thinly sliced strawberries in a circular shape to form a rose. Wait at least 3 hours to set before serving, ideally overnight.