Cauliflower hot wings are nothing new; these are just how I happen to make them.With that, these “wings” have become a staple recipe that I make time and time again.
That being said, I honestly think the star of this recipe is the dipping sauce. I threw random things in a blender that I found in my kitchen, and the end result was delicious. It’s much different than your typical bleu cheese or ranch flavored dipping sauce, but I think the sweetness is a nice change of pace and it really helped cool off the spice from the “wings”.
I hope you give this recipe a try!
Cauliflower Hot Wings with Sweet & Tangy Dipping Sauce
- For the Cauliflower Wings
- 1 head of Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Vegan Margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup Buffalo or Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup Barbecue Sauce
- For the Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup Cashews, soaked in water overnight, then drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Fresh Water
- 1/4 cup Vegan Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Sweet Relish
- 1/2 tsp Agave
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Fresh Parsley
- For the Wings: Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, water, baking powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, paprika, and cumin until a smooth batter forms.
- Dip each cauliflower floret into the batter, allow the excess to drip off, and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Be sure not to over crowd the pan.
- When every floret is coated, place baking sheet(s) in the oven and cook for 25 minutes. Turn the “wings” over half way through the cooking process.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk together the margarine, barbecue sauce, and hot sauce until fully combined. Place the cooked cauliflower florets in the bowl and toss them in the wing sauce to fully coat them.
- Then, place the hot sauce coated wings back onto the same baking sheet. Place them in the oven again and cook for another 25 minutes.Serve immediately.
- For the Sauce: Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth.