Something that’s completely crazy to me is that at some point in my life, I did not like brussels sprouts. If you’re a brussels sprout lover like I am now, then you’ll understand. If you’re not a fan of them, it’s simply because you haven’t had them cooked and prepared to their fullest potential. When done correctly, they’re pretty awesome.
Anyone who says they don’t like brussels sprouts can easily be converted after eating some from this recipe. Don’t let the simplicity fool you- this is one of the best ways out there to cook brussels sprouts. It’s great because it enhances the vegetable as opposed to covering up the great flavors and textures it has to offer. I could pop one after another in my mouth as if they were chips because they’re that good. The beauty of it all, though, is that they’re a lot more nutritious than any chip or other typical addictive junk food.
- 1 Pound of Brussels Sprouts, cleaned and halved
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Granulated Garlic
- 1 Tsp Salt, or up to preference
- Black Pepper, up to preference
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl toss the brussels sprouts in the drizzle of olive oil, granulated garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the coated brussels sprouts on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Make sure each brussels sprout is facing down.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes, or until crisp and brown on the top.